My blog bud, Angie, who blogs at Family Love Does More, has issued a poetry challenge. It’s been a long time since I’ve written anything poetic, and Lord knows I need to update my poetry blog. Maybe I’ll put this up over there!
Anyway, there are “rules” to this thing – always with the rules! LOL They are:
- Write about love using only 10 lines.
- Use the word love in every line.
- Each line can only be (no more than) four words long.
- Nominate others who are up for the challenge.
- Let them know about the challenge.
- Title the post: Love in Ten Lines
- Include a quote about love (this can be your own).
- You may write in any language.
I’m not going to nominate anyone, but if you are so inspired and inclined, join in!
Love In Ten Lines
Love never sleeps
My favorite love quote, after 1 Cor 13, is
Love is not a feeling! Love is a verb, an action, an act of will!
I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s said that – I think it’s kind of a universal thing.